Thursday, May 21, 2009

Columbus Regional & Pediatrics After Hours

Boy... I don't really think I was ever any more pissed in my life then this... how I managed to not kill that moronic, sorry excuse of a human who obviously has NO compassion for not only babies but any human being I am not sure! Lord knows I want to go back yet again to track her down just so I can have a few words...

Kara has been quiet sick with high fevers and she was rather lethargic... off to Pediatrics After Hours we went (Pediatrics After Hours is at Columbus Regional Hospital and is basically an ER for Children just not 24/7) ... It must have been our lucky day as our very own pediatrician was on call... We both fully expected an ear infection but to our surprise - ears were all clear! Since her fever had been so high the night before he wanted to get a blood draw... (I trust him completely - he is an amazing civilian pediatrician who really only prescribes medicine when need be and urges to find the cause and not just treat symptoms!)

I know a lot of people think I judge to quick on first impressions and such but once again I was proven right by my impressions... now last time I checked, and mind you I don't have a medical degree, it is NOT common practice to just stick the needle in someones arm and start poking around to see if one can "hit" a vein... unfortunately I wasn't able to say anything as I was to busy holding down my screaming baby (the other worthless wannabe health care professional just stood there). She must have realized that she wasn't going to get any blood out and pulled the needle out... much to my surprise and shock she had left multiple FINGERNAIL imprints in Kara's arm!!!!!!! Excuse me? All I could yell was "Take your f*** fingers off my child right now!" I then kicked her out of the room!

Long story short...I met with the Manager of the Lab (whom she fell under) and her Supervisor as well as some Quality Manager - satisfactory steps have been taken and she wont be doing this to anybody again anytime soon! At least not at this hospital! I hope she will never get a job again in anything health care related!

Thankfully I was "smart" enough to snap some pictures and had validating proof - although all the nurses gave me their names as they were appalled by what happened (how did we ever live without cameras on our phones???) 

This one was taken over an hour later with imprints still pretty visible!





1 comment:

  1. Poor Kara, I cant believe that happened! Good for you for standing up to those people.

    ReplyDelete