Sunday, December 14, 2008

bless her little heart...

So it seems I have found the magic trigger to get my sweet girl to giggle... Or let's call it something that sounds like a *har ha* ...

She enjoys sitting on my belly while I am holding her by her hands and sing German children songs to her... Embarrassing as it is...my English song repertoire starts and ends with old McDonald had a farm...anyways she has this one song about a guy that stands in the forest totally still and quiet and how he has a red cape and there are a couple more phrases, which I will not get into. It ends up that this "guy" its a certain fruit that's growing there... *now talk about odd story* anyways whenever I sing this to her she just smiles at me and eventually I get those little giggles out... Bless her little heart... If you think about the worst American Idol auditions then you can somewhat imagine what MY voice sounds like... I am not tone deaf by any means but my voice is just anything but a singing one... really the child should be crying!

I must confess - I am yet to figure out whether she is laughing because she enjoys the entertainment or laughing because it is beyond awful to listen to and she just doesn't know whether to laugh or cry and simply made the decision to laugh...

Unfortunately I really have to now watch when I sit her on my belly as the position puts a lot of strain on her belly which usually results in about 4oz of throw up...I could do this all day long if I could as those smiles and giggles are better then anything I could have ever imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment